The developments of Information and Communication Technology (hereinafter ICT) is an important factor in economic development of a country. At the same time the risk of non taking the security measures reflects directly to major economic loss and national security.
Ministry of Economical Development through this awareness-raising campaign aims to increasing the level of cyber security awareness to institutions, public and private sector.
The ultimate goal is to raise awareness of users and taking security measures for public and private bodies. This objective will be reached by training responsible persons uncharged for information security up to end users. Therefore we provide necessary information for different groups of society regarding the National Security, Financial and privacy as three key parameters that directly affects the state and citizens.
A brief reminder of what has been developed over the years:
1. Has been aware more than 1000 high-school students in 18 municipalities in Kosovo.
2. Has been aware about processing sensitive health data to 12 hospitals from public and private bodies.
3. The three-day conference 26, 27, 28 January 2015, with international speaker among them Facebook, Google, Microsoft and HP, Agencies for the Protection of Data from Japan, Belgium, Bulgaria and the region.
4. Workshop with unique character "The Day When hacking is legal".
5. Workshop 'security measures' to 04/08/2015.
6. On 12 June we organized the conference ''The processing of sensitive health data 'in Prizren.
7. Evaluation of Cyber Security Level by Ministry of Economical Development, University of Oxford and World Bank.
8. Cyber Security Strategy by Ministry of Internal Affairs
We are witness to terrorist acts happening all over the glob, and we are aware that those acts could be reduced if there is lawful interception, social network, dark web and bitcoins monitoring therefore our closed sessions of training for Law Enforcement Agencies is the way how to reach stable national security.
The conference will take place at 18-19 of January 2016 in Pristina -Kosovo. It is hosted by Ministry of Economical Development. Supported by government and independent Authorities such Kosovo Police, Information Associate Agency, National Agency for Personal Data Protection, and Regulatory Authority of Electronic and Postal Communications.
The conference contains three sessions:
18th of January 2016, Open Session with 20 most influence speakers about Cyber Security and Privacy, separated in four panels with topics of Cyber Crime, Financial Cyber Security, National Cyber Security, Privacy.
18th of January 2016, the parallel activity within the conference would take place the 2nd Workshop The DAY when hacking is legal, were selected Ethical Hackers for 8 hours would try to break authorized websites, for every bug they found they going to be awarded. We used similar method like Bug Bounty Programs.
19Th of January 2016, Closed Sessions only for Law Enforcement Agencies from Kosovo and Region. Invited people are from Kosovo, Macedonian, Albanian, Croatian and UK Police, Telecommunication Companies, National Agencies, National CERTS, Cyber Crime units and Prosecutors from countries listed above. Will be presented latest products related with Lawful Interception, Bitcoing, Big Data Analysis, Social Media Monitoring, SSL Decryption etc.
The spokepersons that are highlighted with Bold are waiting to be confirmed, or it may be confirmed by the organisation but the speaker is to be confirmed.